Sunday, April 21, 2013

Favorite Daughter

My beautiful sister serenading my beautiful father in the last hours of his life and singing together just months before.


Dad often called my only sister "Favorite Daughter". They loved to sing together and when she came to visit she would bring along a notebook of the songs he knew. His repertoire and harmonizing prowess were from his college days of barber shop quartets and glee clubs. Hers began with the Peter, Paul, and Mary folk scene of the sixties and grew along those lines.

I remember the early days of the family driving home at night and the car was full of song. And every family gathering for the last decades has been graced by music led by Dad and favorite daughter.

1 comment:

David Richie said...

Cousins, this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.